The New Integrated Library Computer System is up and running! We’re experiencing a few glitches but most of our new and improved features are available!
In case you haven’t heard yet: All public libraries in Erie County, including all branches of the Erie County Public Library (ECPL) and independent Public Libraries of Erie County (PLEC), will be transitioning to Polaris, a new Integrated Library System (ILS) on January 5, 2017. Polaris is a software solution used to manage our patron records, inventory, online catalog, and many other features. Our libraries are working cooperatively to make sure this transition is successful for you and our staff members. Read more about it here.
Some key points are:
- Opt-in to your reading history starting in 2017
- New online library catalog, with mobile friendly options
- Online credit card payments
- Consistent due dates
- Consistent fines
- Printed or emailed due date receipts
- All DVD rentals will be free
- Receive notices via text message